SSPX FAQs
 
 DONATE
 
 ARTICLES INDEX
 
 APOLOGETIC
 MATERIALS
 
 FOR PRIESTS
 
 CHAPELS
 
 SCHOOLS
    CAMPS
   RETREATS
   APOSTOLATES
   DISTRICT
 HEADQUARTERS
   SSPX LINKS
   THIRD ORDERS
   VOCATIONAL INFO
   PILGRIMAGES
   AGAINST THE
 SOUND BITES
   CATHOLIC FAQs
   REGINA COELI
 REPORT
   DISTRICT
 SUPERIOR'S LTRs
   SUPERIOR
 GENERAL'S NEWS
 

 

Join our e-mail list

   EDOCERE.ORG
   CONTACT INFO
SACRED HEART SISTERS' NOVITIATE
Browerville, MN

click images to enlarge

 
     
  Chapel / Novitiate exterior   Chapel interior  
 
CHAPEL HISTORY
 

The SSPX sisters moved to Browerville, MN in 1990, using a former Catholic hospital as their novitiate in the United States.

In Fall 1999, construction on their new chapel adjacent to the novitiate complex was begun, and on November 22, the cornerstone was blessed by Bishop Williamson.  The brick chapel was built complete with bell tower and over the front entrance, a 7-foot bas-relief of the Sacred Heart, while inside, a marble altar was installed in a sanctuary constructed large enough to accommodate the grandiose ceremonies of the Roman Rite.

On September 2, 2000, the chapel was solemnly blessed and its altar consecrated by Bishop Williamson (cf. the January 2001 Regina Coeli Report cited below).

The chapel is served by the SSPX priests from St. Peter's priory, only a block away from the novitiate.  Though the chapel is primarily for the sisters, nevertheless, the public is welcome to attend the Masses offered there during the week and on Sundays.


IN THE REGINA COELI REPORT
 
  • JANUARY 2001
    [pdf @ 1167 kb; blessing of chapel and consecration of altar, pg. 4]
  • JULY 2002
    [pdf @ 1598 kb; Corpus Christi procession, pg. 6]
 
 

sspx.org 2013                    home                    contact